Interested in joining the WP Griffin Team? Check out our Job Openings below!
Office Clerk - Summer Student
Posted: Wednesday April 28, 2021
Reporting to: Director of Sales & Agronomist
Currently enrolled in post-secondary school in office or business administration program. Minimum grade twelve is required; some experience in office administration is preferred. Knowledge of the potato industry will be considered an asset.
Ability to work independently, will be important; but must have the ability to work, with ease, with a group of fellow employees in a fast-paced office environment; must have the ability to always organize and track paper flow with ease; ability to handle confidentiality with all matters at work; be able to write and verbally communicate effectively and professionally.
Minimum of 1 year of post-secondary education is required, as well as enrollment to continue in the fall. Must be Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Key Elements of the job:
- Handle all incoming calls
- Data entry
Duties to be Performed:
- At all times actively promote W.P. Griffin in a positive and professional manner, striving to provide the absolute best of service to our valued customers.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner for all incoming calls. Make transfers as necessary and take messages as required. Handle all incoming inquiries from the public and re-direct the calls to the respective staff member.
- Assist other office staff with data entry as required.
- Must be proficient with the Excel program and have strong attention to detail.
- Assist with any filing required to help it be kept up to date, and that all filing is done in accordance with generally accepted office administrative standards.
- Assist with, if required, annual house clean of files and place the prior year’s records in appropriate storage containers, duly marked and catalogued for easy retrieval.
- Assist withe ensuring that the office housekeeping is always excellent.
- At all times adhere to the current waste management policies and procedures.
- Other administrative duties as and when requested.
Start Date: June 14 - July 5, 2021 for a period of 8 weeks of employment
Wages: $16.00 / hour
To apply for this position please email WP Griffin with your attached resume to email@example.com